CINCINNATI (AP) -- A newspaper reports an agreement has been reached between the city of Cincinnati and Occupy protesters charged last year after police say they trespassed or refused to leave a public park at closing.
The Cincinnati Enquirer reports (http://cin.ci/wVimlC ) the agreement expected to be filed Monday says a portion of the downtown Piatt Park will be a 24-hour public space beginning next week. Cincinnati City Solicitor John Curp told the newspaper Sunday the agreement also prohibits encampments and tents.
It also ends a federal lawsuit against the city.
Protesters were cited in three areas of the city, with authorities saying an encampment was disruptive and posed health and public safety concerns.
Protesters were part of a movement against economic inequality that started on Wall Street about six months ago.
Information from: The Cincinnati Enquirer, http://www.enquirer.com